Sunday, March 9, 2008

An Observation On Life... Myself

A Forward
I often have been called "opinionated" by family, I've sometimes been called "guarded" by women, and I'm occasionally called "a trusting soul" by close friends; of these I prefer the latter, but I'll leave it to you.
Of all the people I've been blessed to know in my life, when they've come to me for advice and I wonder "why", they always say "I'm honest with them." While this is considered a pro in most people's opinion, it has sometimes been a con at points in my life. I've sometimes been criticized for being "too blunt" with people and not considering of their feelings or seeing things from their point of view. While I always try to be fair to any one's argument or situation, I feel that some people aren't really looking for the truth, more self deception and are looking to me to confirm their self-doubts. Self deception can be a powerful thing, and one should always be prepared for the negative truth as well as the positive when asking someone for their opinion.
On this, I thought I would write a column on my "observations on life" and human behavior. While some of these will be on things I considered to be growing positive traits of human existence, you should also be prepared for my rants of the negative down slopes of human society. I'll leave it to your interpretation on which is good or bad and expect a pleasant discussion of my interpretations on life.

-Nicholas Dunn

No comments: