Sunday, February 17, 2008

Ah...Moving, Sweet Tears of Pain

Originally Posted On December 3, 2007
Ah the great joys in moving to a new home! First, there's the headache of finding a place worth moving to. Second, arguing over the price. And thirdly, the great pleasure of moving everything you've manage to hoard together your entire life, fun eh?But don't get me wrong, I'm SO glad to be moving out of the virtual shit hole I've been living in for the past year and a half, but damn! I've forgotten how much shit I have.
Well, for a few months now I'd been looking for a new place to call my home and I thought I'd found one in the old historic district of 4th & Gill in North Knoxville. However, my dad thought differently, and insisted on me moving to West Knoxville to be closer to my sister, who's pregnant with her first child. Knowing I couldn't afford any kind of apartment/house in that neighborhood my dad assured me he would help me out if I needed it, sweet!
To my amazement I found a house near my sister in just two weeks of looking that was perfect for me. A 3 bedroom house with a 50x30 yard backyard, which I absolutely love. I had to negotiate a bit about the rent and the lawn duties, but I'm actually happy for once in my life about where I'll be.
Now just comes the headache of moving all of my stuff! Isn't it amazing how when you move all of your things at one time, what you find? I found magazines and notes from friends dated 8 years ago! Not mention things that I had actually been looking for and just chalked up as being stolen or lost. You can't help at laugh at yourself though when you find something like that and you kick yourself for not looking there when you were so actively looking for it when you couldn't find it. And then of course you laugh when you find missing things from your past, like notes from friends, and how it takes you to the exact moment of when that event occured in your life.
So, in a way Moving can be a blessing. It's a way of taking a step forward in life and a way of refecting back on your life in what you've just left behind. Sweet Tears of pain of moving......

No comments: