Thursday, February 21, 2008

Death of a Hot Water Heater...

It's the simple things in life that make you love it, however when a thing like your hot water heater finally departs this world, oh you know it!
Like any other day, I got up and prepared for my morning shower, set the knobs right where they should be, and turned on the shower head. After a few minutes I began to get in and "Holy Shit!!, that's cold!!" and immediately jumped back out. I knew immediately what was the problem, I had been noticing over the past few days that my showers had been getting shorter because of the water getting colder much faster, but I just dismissed it as being wintertime, was I wrong. I went to investigate the circuit breaker, hoping that maybe it had just been thrown, nope. I then went to the water heater to discover that it was slightly leaking and a circle of dampness around the base, "Shit!" Now, I don't know what to do. Let's hope for an easy fix in the future!

Now, I get the lovely privilage of going to work feeling like a used condom, yay! Nothing like sitting around your fellow coworkers smelling like a foot. Luckly, for me, I'm a guy so I can just throw on a hat and wash my face with cold water and it hides most of the damage. Also, I'm an archaeologist, so we generally smell anyway.

Oh, how I will miss my hot water heater, it gave me two months of happiness and now it's back to being poor and bathing in the sink. Makes you think how spoiled our society is, eh?

Hot Water Heater Nov 30, 2007-Feb 21, 2008 R.I.P.

No comments: